Child support is typically required when going through a divorce, separation, or child custody matter. To ensure that you are treated fairly when it comes to a child support award, you need an experienced family law attorney. Our lawyers are trusted throughout Oregon to assist you with child support issues in any jurisdiction.
Oregon Child Support Guidelines
Oregon has specific guidelines for calculating child support. Most factors that are considered when calculating child support include:
- Each parent’s gross monthly income (before taxes)
- Each parent’s mandatory union dues
- Child-care costs
- Non-joint children of either parent
- The number of overnights each parent receives
- Each parent’s Social Security or veteran’s benefits
- Out-of-pocket health insurance costs for the child and for the parent providing insurance
We Have the Expertise to Help Your Case
Working with the best family law attorney to represent you in your child support case is critical. We understand the long-term impact a child support judgment will have on you and your family. Our attorneys take time to listen to your concerns and give you legal advice based on the facts of your case. Contact our office if you would like more information on your Oregon child support case.